I don't know how I feel about them. I have some likes and dislikes, but first lets get a bit of the press release:
Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, “ThunderCats” characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations. The new “ThunderCats” will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.
There is also this image, which is slightly less official (and not as sharp):
Here are my likes and dislikes:
- I like the anime type styling of the characters... it's an upgrade on the original designs while also staying true to the overall original appearance of all the characters shown.
- They did not feel the need to include Snarf or any of the bad guys in the initial preview art. The bad guys are usually the coolest, and Mumm-Ra was the coolest of all the characters. On the other hand, Snarf sucked donkey dick and I would prefer that he was left out totally... but since he has to be in it, lets keep his appearances to a minimum.
- The suits got an upgrade... more of a old school, medieval look to them (especially Panthro & Lion-O)
- How low do you want to make Cheetara's top? WTF... this is a cartoon. She got huge cat tits. Wait, on second thought, this will lead to all types of sexy ass chicks cosplaying this costume at comic cons for years to come.... on second thought, move this to a like instead!!!
- Why the fuck does Tygra have a gun? That's kinda gay.... no? He got his bolo, Cheetara her staff, Panthro his nunchuks, and Lion-O with the Sword of Omens. So why add a gun to the mix... is this something that he always had an I am blocking?
- Where the fuck is Jaga & The Twins? Why not add them? Why hold them out when you speak of them in plans for the show?
- What is up with Panthro's mutton chops? He looks like Hellboy.... corny. I liked my black Thundercat with a smooth dome piece... but hats just me!
What do you guys think? Tell us in the comment section below.