God knows I love me some Star Wars... so I have been seein the meme going around the net at some of my favorite sites (Byzantium Shores, Cal's Cave of Cool, etc) and had to get involved. So here are my answers to "20 questions: Star Wars Edition". Answer all or some of the questions with your answers in the comment section below. Would love to hear you opinions... especially you Joey Esq!!!!!
01. Who is your favorite character from the original trilogy?
Han Solo, bar none. That mofo is bad ass, takes no shit, knows when to get the F outta dodge, and at the end of the day is a true hero. Not to mention that if he didn't save Luke on Hoth there would have been no Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi as we know it.
02.How would you rank the original trilogy, in order from favorite to least favorite?
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
03. What are two of your favorite action scenes from the original trilogy?
The Taun Taun scene on Hoth were Luke is on patrol and gets attacked by the Wampa & the scene in the Jabba's dungeon where Luke fights the Rancor. Those are MY favorite parts. Also, I love the scene when Leia infiltrates Jabba's palace with that bounty hunter outfit on. I love that F'n helmet she wears!!!!
04. What do you consider the most emotional scene from the original trilogy?
Probably when Lando betrays Han and Vader walks in... its a "Holy Shit!!!" moment that I did not see coming and it was wonderful to see Mikey (my sons) face when it happened. It was wild!!!
05. Do you have any favorite toys or collectibles based off the original trilogy?
The Imperial Walker toy from Empire Strikes Back is one of the all time greatest toys EVER made. I do not have mine anymore, but wish I did. I also used to love the figure holder cases that they used to make. I had the one that was a huge Vader head, and when you unsnapped it and opened it there were 20 or so figures inside. Those were cool as shit.
06. Which character had the most unsatisfying death in the original trilogy?
Greedo... by far. Why not explore that backstory a bit. I'm just kidding. Obi Wan dies a very unsatisfying death. He "chooses" to die in order to make way and inspire the rise of Luke, but at the time we did not know that. After seeing 3 movies worth of ass kicking Obi Wan (the prequels) after the fact, it is not so dissapponting anymore. But at the time, I was crushed and couldn't understand why it happened.
07. What’s your favorite ship or vehicle from the original trilogy?
I like Luke's flying car that he used on Tatooine, the X-34 Landspeeder. I had this toy, and it was SOOOO fucking cool. Love it. The Imperial Walker & Tie Fighter are also high on my admiration list.
08. Who is your favorite character from the prequel trilogy?
Mace Windu. Bad ass, and Sam Jackson played him. Wonderful. I especially love him in the Clone Wars cartoon shorts. He kicks General Grevious's ass in those, which was awesome. Which brings me to my favorite villian, General Grevious. Gangster. 4 arms = 4 Lightsabers. Plus dude uses his feet to wield them mid fight.... what??? I also like that he keeps the lightsabers of the Jedi that he kills. Further proof of how gangster he is.
09. How would you rank the prequel trilogy, in order from favorite to least favorite?
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones (which I really like, but most don't)
10. What are two of your favorite action scenes from the prequel trilogy?
The underwater scene with the sea monsters in Phantom Menace, Anakin chasing the rouge bounty hunter in Attack of the Clones, and the Obi Wan/ Jango Fett fight in the rain. I also love the scene where Anakin blows Mace out the window while Mace is fighting Darth Sidious... its the beginning of his descent.
11. What do you consider the most emotional scene from the prequel trilogy?
The above Mace/Darth Sidious/Anakin fight. The epic turn of Anakin over to the Dark Side. It was a longtime coming, and for me it was EPICALLY SATISFYING. Very emotional, and extremely sad... but how can you not identify with Anakin wanting to save his loved ones.
12. Do you have any favorite toys or collectibles based off the prequel trilogy?
I am a big fan of all the Vader toys that have removable helmets. I never remember them having any Vadetr figures that you can take the helmet off of when we were kids, and I feel like its an easy enough thing to do. I am also a huge fan of the Star War: Galatic Heroes toys, which are the mini toy two packs that are modeled after "Marvel Superhero Squad"-type toys. Very cool.
13. Which character had the most unsatisfying death in the prequel trilogy?
Darth Maul & Qui Gon. Both had tremedous upside and were gone to quick. I have a similar feeling to Qui Gon as I do about Obi Wan dying (see #6 above), but having seen episodes 4,5,6 I knew why he sacrificied himself. I really like the way Yoda brings up the fact that Qui Gon "sacrificed" himself and that he is "not truly dead". A very cool nugget that Lucas put in there.
14. What’s your favorite ship or vehicle from the prequel trilogy?
I like the pod racers and the ship that they travel on to pick up baby Ani on Tatooine. Both are very cool.
15. If you could get a personalized Star Wars themed license plate for your car, what would it say?
Free Han!!! or Sith Lord
16. Do you have a favorite Star Wars based video game?
I absolutely loved the Jedi Power Battles for Dreamcast. It was sick to play as all the Jedi's in a walkabout style game. I know its not the best, but I loved it. Also, the Lego Star Wars games are wonderful, just wonderful.
17. Have you read any of the Star Wars books (expanded universe), and if so, what are your favorites?
I haven't, but I want to.
18. Are you a fan of the “Clone Wars” cartoon series?
Very much so. I like the side stories that the cartoon tells, and I do not agree that it waters down the brand... I think it giives anybody else that wants more just that. If you are content with the movies, you can ignore them. I love em!
19. What (or who) do you hope to see in upcoming Star Wars TV series?
I want it to be well execute and character driven like The Walking Dead. It can be done. Thats all I ask. i would also like to see cameos by past cast members in MINOR roles. Hamill, Ford, Portman, Jackson... just some small roles that they can play as a treat to true Star Wars Fans. They should also use obscure actors as well. Iif they were in the 6 movies, try and include em.
20. If you were stranded on a desert island with one Star Wars character, who would you want it to be and why?
I'll go with Chewy, cause he is a bad ass and can protect me. He is also a wild beast so he can probably hunt his ass off. Plus, he is the most loyal character in the whole series. He will never let you down. Chewy rocks!!!