This one comes courtesy of my fellow blogger MD Jackson over at Skylarking (click here to see his artwork, dude is a beast!) He awarded this to us last week, but thanks to all the shenanigans with the Blogger network I was just able to retrieve it. Thanks MD!!!
Now, there are some stipulations to receiving this award. First of all, I have to give 7 random facts about myself. So lets get that out of the way:
- I am a sneaker fanatic that has well over 150 pairs of kicks. I prefer the Nike/Jordan brands of sneakers, but have many pairs of Adidas, Pumas, New Balances, and Reeboks as well. I even have an original pair of British Knights and a customized pair of Air Force 1's with Burberry Leather on them. I also created my own pair of Air Max 97's at the Official Nike Factory and chose a 'Lost' motif for the pair. They are 1 of 1 and will never be duplicated!
- I have a deep rooted hatred for Michelle Pfieffer that I can not explain. I have hated her forever, and I just do not know why. I think she is ugly and a terrible actress, and always have. I know this is contrary to the popular opinion out there, but it is the way it is. I HATE YOU MICHELLE PFEIFFER!!!!!
- I am a big fan of the prequel Star Wars movies... but I am not a Lucas apologists. I have a simple theory. If you have six of anything and compare them to each other, something has to be at the bottom. For me this is The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Sure, they are not as cool as Empire and Return of the Jedi... but ask yourself: What movies are as cool as those two flicks? I also feel that alot of the hatred of the prequels come from older fans who forgot that they fell in love with this franchise as a child. I was under 5 the first time I saw Star Wars, and have been enamored ever since. My son is 8 and absolutely adores all three prequel movies (even though Empire is his fave... I am a great dad!). They are made for his generation and a real fan would be able to look past the fact that Lucas was not catering to 25-35 year olds and made some fun movies that kids might enjoy. There... I'm done!
- While Batman is by far my favorite superhero, I have a real soft spot for second tier characters Shazam!, Thor and Green Lantern. I also always loved Martian Manhunter and Daredevil. Not sure what it is about those guys, but they always interested me. I am very happy with the Thor movie, and eager to see how Green Lantern pans out. But we need a Big Red Cheese movie ASAP, no???? Get that done DC!
- I drink a full pot of coffee every morning, usually half at my house and half in a travel mug that I take out with me. When I had my own classroom as a teacher I had a coffee pot in the room and made at least 3 pots a day. Lets just say I like coffee... alot!
- My favorite actor is Peter Sellers and my favorite movie is The Pink Panther Strikes Again. I have seen tens of thousands of movies and this guy still is the best actor I have ever seen. I came to the series through my pops when I was a little kid, and I thank him for introducing me to such a talented actor so young. It started my love of cinema and I searched out all of Sellers works, which would lead me to my favorite director of all time, Stanley Kubrick. I am proud to say my son is also a big fan of Sellers, and I can not wait to share some of Kubricks films with him when he gets a bit older!
- The highlight of my blogging career has been my favorite comic writer Neil Gaiman tweeting a link to my page for a post I did featuring some fan art of his 'Endless' characters. My hits spiked that day, but I was just enamored by the fact that Neil was on MY BLOG!!! I met him when I was like 12 or 13 and he signed a book for me, and I have been a die hard of his work ever since. Coolest blogger story ever!
- Freddy In Space - Johnny's horror blog is filled with original material and great opinions on the often glazed over genre of Horror. I am always surprised at what Johnny has to offer.
- Cal's Canadian Cave of Cool - My man Cal is north of the tundra and runs one of my all time favorite blogs! He inspired me to start CCD, and he is a great friend as well as an ecceletic blogger. You will enjoy his site.
- Exophrine - A great tech and geek blog that always knocks it out of the park. Always informative and interesting posts.
- Popped Culture - My boy Jeremy runs an awesome pop culture site that features interesting fan art from around the web on all your favorite nerd properties. He finds the best stuff out there and always blows my mind with his posts!
- The Brave & The Bold... The Lost Issues - This blog started out as a homage to the classic Batman team up comic, where artist Ross would insert supporting characters via MS Paint into existing Brave and the Bold issues. Last year he switched it to a Marvel Two in One blog, featuring The Thing as the reoccurring member of the tag team. He always comes up with great ideas and brings a smile to my face!