... and boy is it chock full of material for us nerds to rip apart. First, lets see the trailer:
OK... now lets check out the good, the bad, and the weird!!!
- I like the 40's look to the whole trailer. They are getting the "feel" of it right.
- I am a fan of the shrimpy version of Chris Evans/Steve Rodgers... I had wondered how they were going to pull this off since I know Evans buffed up for the role of Cap, and it looks like they used some 'Benjamin Button' style movie magic to achieve the effect. He is even mad short... great!
- The cast looks phenomenal, especially Tommy Lee Jones & Stanley Tucci.
- I am feeling the Red Skull... you only get a small glimpse in this trailer, but we have seen what our boy Hugo Weaving will look like already and its perfect.
- Hayley Atwell... meow!!!
- To many quick cuts... nothing will sabotage the 40's feel of this movie more then some Michael Bay-esque quick cuts.
- What's up with Cap walking in busting a 9mm pistol while the rest of his crew sprays the place up with machine guns? That's just dumb, no?
- Why is that dude wearing those dark ass shades inside? Silly...
- I can't stand that they make Evans' do his best Edward Norton "Hulk Eyes" right as the Super Soldier medicine kicks in... this was definitely in Norton's Hulk movie, no?
- After they show Evans' all bulked up, I don't like that they went back to shrimpy Evans' for the final scene... just to get a laugh. The last image I should have is him all rough & rugged.
- Where was Bucky at? I didn't peep him.
- Why no extended (aka more then 2 seconds) fight scenes? That leads me to believe they are still working on post production... god, I hope they get this right!
- If you HAVE to include the shield toss in the trailer, at least have Cap toss it AT SOMEONE!!! Down an empty hall... really?
- I am a bit confused. In 'Iron Man 2', they show Tony Stark with a prototype of Cap's shield on his work table. Now we see the indestructible shield back in 1940. Is it the same? Will Cap in the future have Tony's version of his shield? Weird, no?