Since today is Thanksgiving, I decided to have some of CCD's closest friends & contributors share the 5 things in their lives that they are truly thankful for... not family, or boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses etc.... the real stuff they need to keep them going. With no further ado, I present my own list of the 5 Things I Am Thankful For... shit, it's my site, so I'm going 1st!!!!!
5) My Personal Technology- Lets get one thing straight... I am addicted to tech!!! I am not a hardcore techie in the sense that I know how things work and such, but I am obsessed with the non stop forward movement of technology on a whole. Video Games, TV, Movies, Music... shit, all of these things are made better through technology. My downtime in life revolves around the computer by choice... I love having access to anything I want, when I want it. Not to mention this blog and what it has done to change my life. Press Passes to the NYC Comic Con? Check. Freebies in the mail? Check. Press Screenings for movies? Check. New friends like Cal from The Cave of Cool and Johnny from Freddy In Space? Check!!!! What can I say... I'm the non-tech savvy techie.... and I love it!!!!
4) Nikes- Yes, its true. My name is Mike and I am a sneaker-holic. I have a problem. Currently that problem is sitting at around 175 pairs of sneakers that I have to find a place to store. Yup, I said it. And I just got rid of about 10-15 pairs!!! Although I do love New Balance, Adidas, Reebok, Pumas, Converse, and all the rest, lets be honest: They ain't got shit on Nike. Both Nike and Jordan brand sneakers are what make me me... I am the BIGGEST JORDAN/NIKE FAN EVER!!!! There is nothing better then a pair of Air Jordan 3's in the world.... unless there are some Air Jordan 4's behind it!!!
3) Bob Kane & Batman - I am a uber comic nerd... yes, this is true. I love many books, but none like The Dark Knight. Mr. Bob Kane, I owe you 1,000's of hours of gratitude for the 1,000's of hours of joy your creation has given me. I think it has to do with the fact that Batman is the roughest, toughest mofo on the block... kicking ass, taking names... but with no super powers, just hard work. He will kick some aforementioned ass, take some aforementioned names... but never cross the line. He may operate in a black and white world, but he is constantly foraying into the gray area... and that's where I live my life. Thank you Mr. Kane, from the bottom of my heart.
2) Kreecher - I am a dog lover... have been my whole life. Had a few dogs growing up, and I fucking loved them. One thing I never thought I would be: A cat person. That was until my wonderful baby Kreecher came into my life. I got this little Calico bundle of fur when she was a few weeks old, and she was a peanut. I turned her into a wild attack cat by playing with her as if she were a pit bull... she is the coolest cat ever. How many other cats you know eat Mozzarella & Twizzlers? But around 6 months ago, the wild monster known as Kreecher (named after the house elf in Harry Potter & my love of monster movies!) calmed down and became super mellow. No more play biting and scratching... she is cooler then the other side of the pillow. Tara & I refer to her as Kreecher 2.0 now. She is the best snuggler and her freakish appetite makes me laugh. I love my kitteh sooooo much.... look at her, how could you not love that face???
1) Movies - I am a movie freak. Kubrick, Tarantino, Scorcese, Gilliam, Stone, Cameron, Speilberg, Edwards & more are the directors that I love to see create magnificent films. Downey Jr, DeNiro, Pesci, Martin, Murphy, Willis, Nicholson, and Sellers are the actors I love to see make magic with their performances. Portman, Hathaway, Streep, Roberts, Loren, Adams, Johanson and Audrey Hepburn are the actresses that have taken my breath away. There are far too many movies to even begin to name that have shaped my life... but 'The Pink Panther Strikes Again' sure does stick out for me as my all time favorite. I have seen 1,000's of movies on the big screen, many more on VHS, DVD, Blu Ray, and my new favorite method Netflix Instant Streaming. It is an activity that I learned to love from my pops, and I have transferred that love of cinema over to my own son. You don't believe me... how many other 7 year old that has the ability to watch Argento horror and not be afraid but see its aesthetic beauty, or easily identify Empire Strikes Back as head and shoulders the best Star Wars movie of all time (Fuck Return of the Jedi up its Ewok ass...) I teach my boy well... and love every second doing it.
Good ones, boss.ReplyDelete
I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot one MAJOR thing I am thankful for this year. Cultural Compulsive Disorder! you of all people know that I wish I had the drive, that you have, to create a DAILY outlet for people to connect with the like-mindedly culturally obsessed. Fortunately, you've created that outlet for us and allowed me to chime in once a week when I'm ready to set aside my laziness and express a few things.
Thanks again, bro!
And Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ta and the kids!
Love you buddy,...(bloop)
How dare you say 'Fuck Return of the Jedi'
Ah, Batman...hey, that's another thing to be thankful for! The return of Bruce Wayne, as chronicled in the Return of Bruce Wayne 1-6 and Batman and Robin #16, in stores now! =PReplyDelete
And I agree with Jeff...while Empire is undoubtedly and unarguably the best movie, Jedi is still my personal favorite...and say what you will, the Ewoks had me sold when I was 4...
I do not hate Jedi... I just hate that people remotely put Jedi in the same category as Empire. Ironically, most people who like Jedi and the dumb Ewoks have an overall hatred of the prequels and Jar Jar Binks... yet he serves exactly the same purpose!!!! My 7 year old son loves Jar Jar and the Ewoks, and when I was a kid I loved the Ewoks as well.... I don't know, for me its Empire all the way!!!ReplyDelete
As for my CCD family and the love I have for this blog, I could not properly articulate how proud I am of our progress and how much we have accomplished so far. I love it so much!!!! We gonna make it super huge, so lets get it!
J/k of course.ReplyDelete
why did u leave us????ReplyDelete
I didn't leave Sasha... I was laid off. I hope all is going well with you guys!!!ReplyDelete
i did your Scarlet Letter essay are u going to grade it?ReplyDelete