First, we have The Mighty Thor:
- I love Agent Coulson. He is starting to shape up as a bad ass agent. I am looking forward to him being an integral part of The Avengers Initiative.
- Asgard looks fantastic... just spectacular.
- All the armor and helmets look comic book accurate, but not overly ridiculous. Thor's helmet scared that shit out of me... I thought for sure he was gonna look like a dick with a metal helmet and duck wings with feathers on the sides. Definitely not the case.
- Chris Hemsworth is Thor...'nuff said. Better yet, Thor is playing an actor named Chris Hemsworth on Earth right now.
- The Frost Giants, The Destroyer Armor, and Loki look fucking amazing. Villains tend to be these comic book adaptations downfall... and this does not look likely here.
And now, my thoughts:
- Captain Jack Sparrow as a prisoner. My favorite scenes from this series always come when Jack is in the capture of someone... and he finds a way to worm out of it.
- Penelope Cruz... damn son!!!!
- Dropping Keira Knightley & Orlando Bloom. Those two had a great storyline through three movies, but that was enough. If Disney is going back to the well for a 4th, 5th and 6th film (that's the rumor), then its good they chose to gravitate away from that completed storyline. Maybe Bloom can make a cameo as the captain of The Flying Dutchman.
- Mermaids, Zombies and action... oh my!!! These twists look great. Bring it on!!!